- GWA awarded Sumitomo Inc. the $54 million dollar Agat-Santa Rita Wastewater Treatment Plant (ASRWWTP).
- Construction is to be completed in two phases; the first phase will have the complete treatment process operational by the end of 2016 to comply with the Court Order (CO) requirements, and the second phase will complete the entire plant by 2017.
- GHD was awarded the construction management contract for this project.
- This state of the art wastewater plant is located at the old Camp Covington location.
- This plant will receive flow from southern Guam to include Agat and Santa Rita collection basins sewer connections, cross island road and Baza Gardens.
- Recent flow studies along with the CO were taken into consideration in moving forward with the replacement of the existing plant with the new secondary treatment plant with capabilities of accepting flow in the future from both Baza Gardens and Apra Harbor.
- In the summer of 2014, GWA put out a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the design of the new ASRWWTP. The team of Duenas, Camacho & Associates (DCA) and Gresham, Smith, and Partners (GS&P) were selected for the design of the new WWTP in October 2014.
For more information on this or other GWA matters contact: email@example.com or log onto our website at www.guamwaterworks.org or like us on our www.facebook.com/guamwaterworksauthority or you can find us on Instagram.